ESEB travel stipend
These stipends are for students and young scientists to attend the ESEB Congress in
Lisbon in August 2013. The stipend will contribute to covering travel, living expenses and congress registration fees. The stipend will be paid out as a reimbursement
after the congress, based on specification of the expenses.
- Applicants must be ESEB members (for becoming a member of ESEB, see left panel 'Membership: Join/Renew).
- Applications can be submitted by scientists at various stages of their professional career (e.g., Masters and PhD students, postdocs, and lecturers).
- Scientists working in a country with high GDP are not eligible (for the list of excluded countries see below).
- People who received an ESEB travel award in the last five years are not eligible.
- Applicants must submit to present either an oral communication or a poster to be eligible for the award. This will be verified before the reimbursement,
but no proof that a poster or talk is accepted is necessary at the application stage.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE STIPENDS ARE GIVEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANALOGOUS STIPENDS OFFERED BY THE SSE (separate call),
SO THERE IS NO NEED TO APPLY TO BOTH
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be no more than 2 pages long and include:
Please submit the application as a single PDF-file by email to the ESEB Travel Bursary Committee, c/o Dr. Martijn Egas.
- Name of the applicant
- Budget, including sources of additional support
- An explanation of how attendance to the meeting will further the attendant’s professional goals
A support letter from the applicant advisor/mentor/senior colleague is also required. Support letters should be sent to the same email address (email@example.com) by the applicant’s mentor.
Deadline: 31 January 2013 24:00 GMT.
Members professionally based in the following countries are not eligible for the travel stipend:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia,
Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea,
Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Last updated November 13, 2012. For suggestions or comments please send an e-mail.